Wednesday, January 5, 2011

And I'm back!

Well, to be fair, I've been back at work for two days now, but the old brain has only now snapped back into the swing of things like, um, typing, and, er, forming full sentences.

As per usual, the second the holidays were over I was like, um, could we do that again?

Truth be told though, I'm not too, too bummed to be back in the office. Cape Town has been roasting the past two days, to say the least, and our sub-zero air con is all that's standing between me and a Jade-shaped puddle on the sidewalk. I do not do well in the heat. At this very moment I am on my bed, wearing only a purpose-dampened towel, lying in front of a fan going full blast, with the lights off (because everyone knows light energy and heat energy go hand in hand).

There was also one very exciting development over the festive season that makes things like going back to work, writing advertorial and having no money in the bank seem like rosy spots on a positively glowing horizon...

Boyfriend is now officially a Capetonian again. Permanently. Goodbye two-year long-distance relationship, hello boring regular coupledom.

On Monday we had cheese and bubbles on Table Mountain like a pair of tourists. Why? Because we can.

Now if only KB would get the frick off the Fresh Drive, the mercury would drop a bit and the weekend would come around again, I could scribble The End on this happy ending and fade to black to Frank Sinatra.

No comments:

Post a Comment