Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blegh, the end of January

So by Tuesday next week we'll already have flown through the first month of 2011. Heading-spinning stuff, is it not? And a little scary, because now that I'm 24, I'm suddenly thinking about all the things I had meant to do before I was 25, things like:
  • Live and work in a foreign place (New York, Paris, the Swiss Alps, Guangdong Province, anywhere really)
  • Have the beginnings of a successful writing career, possibly with a book in the works
  • Um... (shuffles around in embarrassment) move out of my parents' house
And about a million others of course, including a lot more partying, a lot less laundering of gym socks and being able to cook more than toast, popcorn and one chickenmushroomnoodle dish. And now, it seems, time is running out on me.

Gulp

The end of January is also a little bit blegh-face inducing because we're well and truly out of the holidays now. There's no more pretending. It's back to work/school/varsity kids, and the prospect is bleak.

Having said that, I still keep finding myself unexpectedly POOF-ing up to cloud nine from time to time. Like this morning, when I woke up and it was cold. Usually I'd think, 'I wonder what the the weather's doing up where Boyfriend is...'

Not today. Today, and for the foreseeable future, Boyfriend and I are sharing meteorology. And it's still absolutely fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment