Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Overhaulin'

No, Biscuit's not getting mags, sorry boys.

I know it's already halfway through January so it's probably a bit late for resolutions, fresh starts and the like, but given that I've had a few false starts to the year (one times birthday long weekend, one times week sick and in bed) I feel I'm entitled to be a little slow off the mark.

Not that I really bothered making any resolutions for 2011 – they're the same, year in, year out: lose weight, move out, become a famous and celebrated writer, world peace ... wait, I'm getting confused...

But I am finally getting in the swing of a new year, which means back to gym, back to eating like pizza's not the only meal left on the menu, back to good habits and so on and so forth.

Also time for a bit of an overhaul on the little things. For example, I hereby solemnly swear to try to lay off the ghd. And I'm off to a good start – haven't straightened my hair this morning, and wearing less make-up too. Not that I slather it on usually, but even my minimal concealer was starting to eat the coating on the nose-piece of my sunnies – that can't be good.

Also need:
Wardrobe update
New handbag
Spiffy new gym gear and proper training shoes so I don't end up with knee problems
Jeans. As much as I love my jeggings (they're so comfy I haven't worn button-ups for a year or more), as Boyfriend pointed out*, they really don't do too much for the old derriere.

My evening's plans include Pilates, an egg-white omelette and reorganising my closet. How's that for fresh start-y?

* Don't get up in arms, he did it in the nicest way possible: 'You have such a lovely bum, people should get to see it.'

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you off to a good start :)

    Ps - try woolies "bum lifting" jeans... have no idea if they work...but I like the way they look

    ReplyDelete