Friday, January 7, 2011

So, my Grade 8 science teacher taught me that when things get hot, they expand. She explained this fact with the aid of a few lead balls and a bunsen burner, but I've always found that science is far more entertaining when applied to the real world.

Which is why I now present to you my findings on the matter...

Hypothesis Physical bodies expand in the heat.

Apparatus 1 x bathroom scale, 1 x bedroom mirror, 1 x heaped serving of self-loathing

Observable fact #1 General deduction. It is currently very hot in Cape Town.
Observable fact #2 Scale findings. My post-festive season weight is a whole three kilos more than my pre-festive season weight.
Observable fact #3 Mirror test. My middle appears at least twice as wide as it was three weeks ago.

Conclusion QED. Physical bodies expand in the heat.

See? Has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that we ate at least three square meals a day (and by square that I mean town square, say, Trafalgar-sized) and drank like someone had announced the Winelands were going to burned in 2011 to make way for the Julius Malema themepark.

So as soon as it cools down to a reasonable temperature, I will shrink back down to size right? I'll let you know how that goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment