Wednesday, March 23, 2011

So, did my plan to cleverly distract you with pretty pictures and internet oddities so you didn't notice that I haven't actually written words in a while work? Did it?

I hope so.

Wow, what a few weeks. Not only am I still adapting to having Boyfriend in the city 24/7 (which is leaving a lot less time for things like laundry, gym and, oh, say, blogging), but things have been rather on the manic side at work. Sound like a bad excuse? You try sending eight magazines to print in two weeks. And no, I didn't have a Human Rights Day. So there.

Anyway, fear not. I am back. And just in time for some miserable Cape Town weather it seems. I have only myself to blame. I wash my car, it rains. I should know this. It's like the urban equivalent of an American Indian rain dance. Only less embarrassing and twice as annoying.

Hmm, what else? Well, For a start I've managed to forget my father's birthday up until the last minute again. How do I do this? I remind myself constantly all through January and Feb and then March creeps up and suddenly it's four days away and I have yet to come up with a mind-blowing present (I don't do socks, don't suggest it). How does this happen? Maybe if I used my iCal instead of a Moleskein... hah! Never!

Speaking of technology, I am loving my (sort of) new iPhone. I feel like such a traitor to my BlackBerry, with whom I have had a short and passionate affair since November, but I can't deny my inner Apple-ness. It's beautiful. (The phone, not my, er, core.)

No comments:

Post a Comment