Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cravings

You know how sometimes it's the middle of a boring afternoon, or the early hours of the morning after one too many Jack and limes, and you have those weird ping! moments when you think, 'I need to have a KitKat/peanut butter sandwich/bubblegum Steri Stumpie right now'?

Well, this post isn't about those kind of cravings. I mean, food cravings make up a big part of my day, writing about them may get a little tedious.

But sometimes I get 'thing' cravings. An avid consumer (who isn't?), I often find myself fixated on items of a material nature, and I get the same rabid, must-have-that feeling one gets when one visualises, say, a Cassis macaron or warm avocado on toast.

At the moment, I'm thinking that the following may change my life for the better:

It's like happiness in a bottle. Possibly my second-favourite fragrance (nothing in the world tops Marc Jacobs' Daisy I'm afraid)

Do I need a reason? Just so pretty. Love the rough-hewn effect. (from Hello Thula's Etsy store)

I wear a pair of (fine, faux) pearls every day. Pity one slipped from my ear somewhere in Betty's Bay this weekend. Must go and replace asap. My lobes feel nekkid.

Had my credit card details and address and everything filled in before I saw that this was out of stock on ASOS. I nearly cried. The hunt for my new handbag continues.

I blogged a little while ago about buying big girl jeans (saying goodbye to my jegging days). I've found the perfect fit with Levi's CurveID range, they just don't seem to make them in a plain blue, only horrid faded patterns and other silliness. Anyway, when I one day find them in the right shade, this is what they will look like. I'm hoping the flat stomach and shoes come with them too...

1 comment:

  1. I'm a huge fan of Dior perfumes :) they are always so feminine!


    xoxo
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete