Friday, May 27, 2011

There's nothing* worse...

... than going to the loo, dropping your jeans and sitting down, only to discover you have plonked yourself on to the cold, grimy lid of the toilet and not the actual toilet seat as intended.

Anyway, apart from that rather unfortunate meeting of my bits and a piece of industrial plastic, life's looking up at the moment. Here's why:
  • It's Friday (you can sing it if you want to)
  • I'm feeling lucky – recently won a bottle of YSL Belle d'Opium courtesy of the awesome beauty website Pretty 24/7 and got a call yesterday to say I'd been picked for a VW Date Drive for next week Wednesday. Boyfriend and I don't really do date night in general, but when someone offers you the new Polo Gti for a night, you take it. 
  • I am the proud owner of a full-length mirror for the first time in my life (I know, right?). Being able to see myself from top to toe hasn't turned out as badly as I suspected it might either. In fact (though I haven't ruled out that possibility that the mirror may just have a particularly slimming effect), it turns out I'm not as obese as originally thought. Who knew? Happy dance (in my skanties).
  • Got all kinds of fun planned for this weekend, beginning with beer tasting this evening and the Good Food and Wine Show tomorrow. 
  • This week is finally over. The past few have been busy, stressful and I think I may have developed ADHD as a result, but Monday should bring a tiny bit of reprieve. Here's to breathing for a change.

*Okay sure there's cancer, and nuclear war, and genocide, and not having enough milk left for a cup of tea, but you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment