Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Moving and Mondays, two things that suck

On Friday le Boyfriend became the proud owner of keys to his new flat (he also owns the flat, in case you were wondering). This was very happy news, which we promptly celebrated with too much sushi and wine on Friday night at Wasabi.

Spent the rest of the weekend moving beds, couches, a fridge and various other paraphernalia, and enthusiastically painting the bathroom and gawping at the ridiculous price of curtain rails.

Sounds fun doesn't it?

Some of it was. As for the rest, I'm sure moving must be responsible for the dissolution of more relationships than infidelity. Couldn't decide whether to break up with Boyfriend or murder him, but I know which one would have been more satisfying. And given his exasperated sighs and very carefully controlled voice, I'm sure he was thinking the same.

By Sunday we'd cuddled (that's a euphemism for sex by the way) and made up. He should be all moved in by the weekend with a bit of luck. Happy days. Picking out cushion covers is far less taxing on our patience than 'Turn it, turn it ... NO! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Which way are you going? UP! This end ... this end ... okay, here we go ... NO, COME ON! You dropped your end...'

In other news, we had another copy eds' team building day yesterday. You may recall the two hikes I went on, somewhat against my will, last year? Well, this time my junior copy ed ally and I suggested horse riding, which was amended to horse riding and a boozy, three-course lunch at The Food Barn by our boss. Great plan, we all thought.

Well, it was certainly a team building exercise. We weren't mounted for two minutes, and not even out the paddock, when Yam (no, that's not her real name) fell off her trusty steed and snapped her wrist.

How's an afternoon at Cape Town Medi-Clinic for office morale?

And after an abbreviated lunch with what was left of the crew, I tried to head off to gym. Cue dead car battery, AA call-out and a replacement cell at R725 I had planned to spend on Chocolate Block and shoes.

Sucky Monday much?

4 comments:

  1. I have the same car battery thing happen to me early in the morning - it bites.... oh well at least you know it should last for a while now :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good point, and it's under warranty for 12 months, so I know that particular expense can't bit me out of the blue again for a while!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what that feels like - moving, battery issue and hospital visits - amazing all comes around in one fowl swoop. On the up side, it's all over!:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rose, you're right. Can only get better from here! :D

    ReplyDelete