Thursday, October 13, 2011

Bah humbug

I should be excited right? It's Thursday (nearly Friday!), I finished off a big project yesterday that's been stressing me out for a while, and Le Boyfriend and I are going to a cocktail-fuelled launch party in Camps Bay tonight.

Lots of reasons to be chirpy this morning.

But I'm not.

Bleh. Here's why:

  1. I woke up exhausted for some reason. Not cool.
  2. I woke up 0.5 kg heavier than yesterday. Not cool either.
  3. It's cloudy and cool again in Cape Town this morning. Huh? Yesterday was summer. What gives?
  4. My ghd gave up the ghost last Friday, and the Cloud Nine one I'm borrowing from mum just doesn't seem to cut it. I hate having poofy hair. Not cool.
  5. One project down, a million more to go before December. I wonder if I'll have the energy.
  6. For some misguided reason I decided to wear jeans today. As overjoyed as I was a few weeks ago to finally find my perfect pair of Slight Curve Skinny Leg Levi's (so overjoyed, in fact, that I bought two pairs on the spot), I suspect I may be over them. This tiny waist only really feels comfortable when one is standing up. Hunched over my keyboard, as I am most days, I feel ... restrained. The button is making friends with belly ring in an uncomfortable way, and all my disgusting fat rolls I can ignore when wearing dresses/leggings/shorts are all too obvious.
So yeah. Bleh. Bah humbug. Let's get this day over with...

No comments:

Post a Comment