Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Road-tripping

This isn't my car, and this isn't me, but it's exactly what I feel like doing at the moment.


Editing a photo essay about the Garden Route, and something inside me went Ping! I feel like doing that.

Not the Garden Route necessarily, more the meandering drives, the staying over at various beautiful places, the living in shorts and tees, and the whole not worrying about my hair or deadlines or social engagements thing.

Over summer 2008/9 and 2009/10, Le Boyfriend and I and a handful of friends did epic cross-SADC road trips. Last year I waited patiently in Cape Town as he and the boys drove slowly down from Durban to Cape Town, learning to surf at J-Bay and chickening out of bungee-jumping along the way. (My excitement at the fact that once he was finally here, he wasn't leaving again, made it easier to stay behind and work and let them have their fun).

But now the furthest I've driven all year is Franschhoek, and I'm in the mood to hop in the front seat and get the hell out of dodge over December.

Some plans need to be made I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment