Monday, October 24, 2011

The super-busy weekend in numbers

Number of G&Ts on Friday night while camping over at The Impi Challenge course (which we were marshalling the next day): one too many methinks. Not clever Jade, not clever at all.

Number of Impi contestants who said 'Under?' after I'd told them 'Under the hurdles please' at our obstacle: too many to count. Did they really think they'd be able to step over them? Come on now guys...

Number of times I sneezed after Impi: too fucking many. Worst hayfever of my life I tell you. Not cool at all. Took the deadly Allergex again because I didn't have Texaten and I didn't want to sneeze over everyone's dinner at the hen party we were supposed to be going to at StarDust (that crazy restaurant where the staff get up on stage and perform musical numbers in between courses).

Number of crazy queer birthday parties happening at StarDust alongside our very-tame-in-comparison hen party: one. A 30th. With about 30 people. All dressed up in 80s drag. It was phenomenal. Phee-nom-anal. And so happy and festive. Especially when the 'I Will Survive' was performed. If I hadn't just about knocked myself out on Allergex, it would have been an awesome party.


Number of roses growing at Cellars Hohenort: gazillions. Le Boyfriend and I took a stroll through the gardens for charity yesterday, ooh and ahhing at all the pretty growing things and manicured hedges and whatnot like a couple of old ducks before having tea and scones on the terrace. Then, more to our style, we hit The Martini Bar for some real drinks.

Number of Maritnis consumed at The Martini Bar: one each. We'd been boldly choosing different Martinis off the menu for our second and third rounds, but came undone after just one. It'd been a long weekend okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment