Monday, January 30, 2012

4x4ing is not for sissies

Even if you're not the one driving.

Did 'a little 4x4 trail' with Le Boyfriend and a couple friends on Saturday, in God knows where   beyond the boerewors curtain out Durbanville way. The scenery was pretty. Getting out of the city was nice. The sight of Boyfriend's monster v8 Hilux stretching its legs over all the obstacles and putting everyone else to shame was pretty cool too.

What wasn't cool, literally, was the heat. It's official. I'm not built for warmth. Especially not 40 degree mountain type heat. There was much swacking and also gnashing of teeth. I think we consumed about five litres of water between two of us, and by the time we were heading home, myself and another member of our intrepid band of travellers had been reduced to grunting as a form of communication.

Be proud though – I managed not to get myself sunburnt. So yay me. Suck it, skin cancer.

Spent the rest of Saturday recovering in the cool of Boyfriend's loft on his lovely couch in front of his massive T,V surrounded by its, er, surround sound. In a towel. After a long, cold shower.

I'll reiterate. 4x4ing, my friends, is not for sissies. And clearly I am one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment