Thursday, July 12, 2012

Wednesday, 11 July
  • Tea with fat-free milk and sugar
  • All Bran flakes with fat-free milk
  • Instant (plain) oats with honey and cinnamon
  • 3 x Ryvita with salmon cream cheese (for some reason I was starving around 10:30 am and lunch seemed a long way off. Hmmpf)
  • Chicken and veggie soup from Crave (and with bread and butter – apparently my weakness)
  • Tea with low-fat milk and sugar
  • Instant (plain) oats with honey and cinnamon (seriously, what was with the hunger yesterday? My tummy was grumbling and I didn't think I'd make it through an hour of cardio without eating something beforehand)
  • 1 x slice soy and linseed bread with Flora (tummy grumbling AGAIN after dancing, and my roast veggies were going to be another 40 minutes)
  • Roast veggies in a wholewheat wrap, with a little sundried tomato and basil cream cheese
Okay, so, again not the best of days eating-wise. I know what a friend of mine – let's call her Tiny Gym Machine – would say: too many carbs, too much fat, not enough protein, not enough veggies.

But – and please don't think I'm copping out here – I'm going to cut myself some slack. As laden with food as the past three days have been, they're still better than the last six months of just putting whatever I felt like into my face, whenever I felt like it.

Plus the fact that I've switched on my stove and oven three times in the last three days is a miracle. Usually it's just cheese on toast for dinner, or popcorn, or a selection of whatever random junk food is in my kitchen.

Plus plus there has been cake in the office the past two days, and though it's taken every fibre of my being, I managed to walk away from it (yes, yes, the fact that I had a chocolate muffin with Mum probably cancels that out, but small victories...)

Plus plus plus I've done four hours of exercise in three days, two of which were cardio. That has to count for something, right?

Have to keep my eyes on the prize, right?

1 comment:

  1. Going to follow your example and do some "naming and shaming" myself over on my blog. Let the battle begin :)

    ReplyDelete