Monday, September 14, 2009

The weekend in numbers

Yes it's that time again. So...

Number of Friday night parties: 1. Sweat.X at Assembly with Noodle and Darling. Yes that's right, I – me, of the always bailing at the last minute because of late I love my PJs more than my vodka limes – left the house.

Number of creepy guys that hit on me: 2. So not cool. Something about being hit on by a guy no sane woman would touch with a barge pole makes me feel cheap and nasty. Not that I'm especially keen on the cuties doing it either (I have eyes for one boy only after all) but one of Friday night's charmers had serious sunburn and smiled a lot – not a good combo, it looked really painful.

Number of drinks at above night out: 3. See? How good am I?

Number of fathers returning from Scotland on Saturday: 1. Suddenly too many people in the house again. I need to move out...

Number of hours spent doing very overdue freelance work: 0. Sorry Charles. They'll get to you I promise.

Number of hours spent trying to make my iTunes folder do what I told it to: Too many. I heart Mac in a big way, I must just remember not to let it think for itself too often.

Number of Sunday Beluga sushi-special lunches: 1. Managed to get all five of our high school bestest best buds together in one room at one time for the first time in ages. Ladies, we need to do that more often, if only to keep the Beluga staff on their toes – who else would discuss their sex lives in graphic detail while the poor, innocent-looking waiter tries to put down the side plates as quickly as possible and make a run for it.

Number of laptop sleeves bought: 0. Really need to get on this, but most of them are desperately ugly and just as expensive. Does anybody know where I can find a cute, reasonably priced one? I want to take my baby with me to Jo'burg this weekend but don't want to resort to some kind of bubble wrap/jersey solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment