Tuesday, November 10, 2009

This evening, not 24 hours after I posted about the neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed to move out of home, my brother comes home to announce that he's found a flat and is moving in on December first.

Huh? What? Hello?

*sound of universe shattering*

Okay so maybe not exactly a huge surprise. I mean, he had been looking at flats on gumtree rather seriously for a few weeks now. And unlike me he's not vehicularly-challenged. But I always thought he was like me in the whole motivated-about-life stakes – you know, pretty half-assed.

Guess not.

Wow. My brother – who I always talk about appreciating more and spending more time with – is flying the nest. And given that I barely have time to wash my socks these days, how on earth am I going to see him?

Suddenly having all kinds of nostalgic memories about when we were little and he'd tie me up with duct tape and put me on my bike with my underwear on my head.

Ah brothers...

No comments:

Post a Comment