Tuesday, February 16, 2010

bleak (adj) offering little or no hope; eg 'the future looked bleak'; 'prospects were bleak'

Well things were looking up, and now they're looking way up. Like sky-high. Like astronomical.

Like, R3 800 to fix the scrapes on Mum's car.

Trying to wrap my head around the fact that I'm going to have to shell out about two thirds of what I make in a month to patch up something I managed to do in about two seconds of negligence.

This is so not cool. Especially considering:
  • The four birthdays I have this weekend
  • The astronomical joining fee I have to pay before I qualify for a discount on my gym membership (proving the theory that you have to spend money to save money)
  • The gorgeous and only slightly expensive couch I've got my eye on
  • The fact that I finally found someone who might be able to service my vintage typewriter
  • The fact that I was only just starting to scrimp and save to buy my own damn car. Now my first few months' instalments will instead be spent fixing the car I was driving in the meantime. I'm usually a fan of irony. Not so much right now.
I'm going to go and comfort eat...

No comments:

Post a Comment