Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Things are looking up...

Well gee golly gosh and darn it. I gained a kilo in January/early Feb. I'd like to believe it's a kilo of muscle, but my very, er, relaxed gym routine lately leads me to believe otherwise.

I know my problem lies in being seriously unmotivated to do any cardio apart from swimming once a week (Well, that, and an over-fondness for carbs), but couple this discovery with my back niggles and my increasing frustration at being a B-cup kind of girl in a D-cup body, and it makes for a not very cheery Tuesday morning.

However.

In an effort not to be all gloom and doom, here's the good news for today: Absa called this morning. I'll cut a fifteen-minute phone call short – they're giving me a credit card! I should get my shiny silver plastic within a week, after which I will in all probability cuddle it while I sleep and call it my precious.

And don't worry, I'm not about to start keeping Jimmy Choo in business or anything. It's just nice to know that the establishment finally thinks I'm adult enough to manage money.

Also, got my organ donor card and stickers in the mail yesterday. At this rate, my ID book will be ready sometime in 2010 as well.

So yes, things are looking up, even if one of those things is the number on my bathroom scale...

1 comment:

  1. Glad things looking up for you. and yay for the credit card (I still can't convince the bank to give me one *winks*)

    x

    ReplyDelete