Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thursday night, in bed, with my laptop

This hermit actually left the house tonight, and headed into the great outdoors to Neighbourhood for a bit of a drinkie drink with some fellow bloggers. I know ... who knew Cape Town possessed so many people who would RSVP to an invitation from an online stranger and actually not flake out? (People did arrive in various degrees of fashionably late, however, which was the only thing stopping me from checking with the nearest person that we were in fact still in Cape Town).

Anyway, was really rather interesting. Not only are bloggers real people (I know! Gasp!), but it's also astonishing how many writers there are about, biding their time in PA jobs or marketing. Or, yes, copy editing.

As for me, I got to chatting with a freelance web designer, who really got my freelance enthusiasm ball rolling again. Having been recently commissioned to write for a household-name glossy (hush hush), I'm having a resurgence of hope that there might actually be a writing career out there for me. Bright-eyed and busy-tailed...

Thanks must go to Brazen for organising our little soiree.

Headed to Minato after for a little late supper. I know not everyone might appreciate their tight-lipped, rule-ridden service, but it really is my favourite spot for sushi. No pretension, just raw fish.

1 comment: