Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Humpday

Odd isn't it, how it comes around every week?

I'm trying very hard to have a good one, despite feeling less than energetic today.

Why you ask?

Well, for one thing I managed to exercise out all my body's reserves yesterday (wouldn't it be magical if that meant all excess body fat? alas, alack, no). Swam laps during lunch, and then did the most energetic dance class I've been to in a while after work. Really sweated it out, a result of some serious cardio coupled with an instructor who doesn't believe in air con (um, what?). Then last night for some reason I kept waking up every hour, on the hour. What gives?

Anyway, all makes for a sleepy Wednesday morning.

Missed Boyfriend last night too. You'd think that in an area with, like, all the country's coal mines, where they are in fact building Eskom's next power station, there'd be a constant supply of electricity. Not so much. Their poor little house keeps losing power, which means laptops and cell phones eventually fail, which means Boyfriend and I are incommunicado from time to time. Very annoying. Clearly Eskom doesn't care about my relationship.

Not to mention the annoyance (ARRRRRRGGHHHH) that is my phone. Every couple of weeks it gets PMS and switches itself off while I'm typing an SMS or trying to make a phone call. Damn temperamental thing. I solved the problem this morning though by throwing it against a wall, after it had turned off for the third time in a row.

Yeah. That'll teach you.

Hmmm, what else?

Forgot my hairdryer yesterday. Dried my fringe after swimming by sticking my head under the automatic hand dryer. Classy.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah!!! that's very nice. Having a cup of tea along with a chocolate biscuit is really a good combination for relaxation. And you can make out your Humpyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I'm trying very hard to have a good one, in spite of feeling less vigorous today. This can make a good humpy day with the chocolate and a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete