Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Just had the weirdest little panic attack

Our servers shut down for a few minutes, rendering me completely unable to do, well, anything. Scary how much we rely on technology – so scary in fact it prompted me to say in frustration, 'Argh! It's like I don't have hands!'

Then I got really freaked out.

The human body is so fragile, I could end up really having no hands one day as the result of some kind of freak accident.

Got totally panic-stricken by this thought. If I think I'm struggling with life and my emotions and finding a purpose and direction and meaning in the world now, what would it be like if I was disabled in some way? Like when Henry lost his feet in The Time Traveler's Wife.

I'd absolutely regret all this time I've wasted being sad when all the while I had two hands and two feet and legs that run and a head that thinks and a body that functions.

Good thing I'm going for a swim just now, and a class at gym later. Making the most of today seems like a good way to suppress the 'Oh how I've wasted my life!' type panic...

No comments:

Post a Comment