Monday, March 1, 2010

The Weekend in Numbers

It's that time again...

Bottles of red wine consumed at a Friday night braai: 0.5. Yes, marvellously restrained, wasn't I?

Time I woke up on Saturday morning: 7 am. Went to the Design Indaba at 8 to see Martha Stewart wax lyrical about glitter (okay okay, the rest of her talk was quite interesting – I just couldn't help jumping on the bandwagon).

Number of items purchased at the Design Indaba: 2. Well, three postcards and a wire and twine word ('hope') to hang in my room. Going to the Indaba and spending less than R100 takes skill but is possible.

Number of movies watched: 1 Bright Star, about John Keats' love affair with Fanny Brawne. Somehow I'm the only person I've spoken to (yes, I just implied that I talk to myself) who hasn't loved this movie. Is it just me, or did something just not gel right? It grew on me as it progressed, but in the beginning I just couldn't reconcile Abbie Cornish's face with the period and subject matter. I did love how they worked lines of his poetry into the script though, was quite inspired.

Number of Saturday nights at home on the couch with Blair Waldorf and Chuck Bass: 1. I know I know...

Number of times celeb make-up artist David Sharpe looked with adoring eyes at the massive portrait of Bobbi Brown at the Bobbi Brown Make-up Course on Sunday morning: innumerable. Although it must be said that, idol worship aside, the class was really worth the R200 everyone else spent (I won my spot – haha). Very informative. And hey, who doesn't like playing with expensive make-up and getting all prettied up?

Number of flapjacks for lunch at Mugg & Bean on Sunday afternoon: 3. With almond butter. Healthy eating now starts with a vengeance...

No comments:

Post a Comment