Friday, April 16, 2010

Just accidentally went shoe shopping

Damn, damn those (entirely legitimate) unforeseen expenditures.

In my defence, this is how I shop. If I actually go looking for a particular item I just about never find it.

I lie. Not just about. Never. Period.

Things have to come to me. Even socks.

So that's four pairs of shoes this month. Does anyone else find this? That for a period of time you'll have one item – just one – that is somehow attracted to you?

I had a month of handbags once. They were everywhere, they all spoke to me on a deeply spiritual level ('Buy me I will match your new shoes') and I ended up buying no less than three oversized totes in the space of two weeks. Not that handbags are anything but delightful, but it's not like you can actually wear the damn things. And god forbid I should find jeans or a pair of shoes (the things I was actually searching for).

Seems it's a shoe month this time. And really, worse things could happen...

(Unless I never find anything else and end up as the old woman who lived in her shoes?)

No comments:

Post a Comment