Monday, August 23, 2010

The Weekend in Numbers

Number of rands in my bank account: 51.51. Scary. Let's leave it at that.

Number of slabs of chocolate that went into the filling for the epic Jamie Oliver double chocolate tart I baked on Saturday afternoon: four and a half. Scary. Let's leave it at that.

Number of meringues you can make with two egg whites: nine. My first successful meringues – yay me. Being stuck at home in miserable Cape Town weather puts me in the mood to bake, can you tell?

Number of slices of toast consumed on Toastday (known as Sunday to some): six.

Number of minutes early the Athlone cooling towers came down: four. And you know I was the idiot looking at the time at that exact moment. 'Four minutes to go peopl ... huh? Where'd they go?'

Number of kilos gained between Sunday morning and Monday morning, more than likely thanks to the baking spree and toast binge: 1. Dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment