Friday, August 6, 2010

What, if any, is the point?

Went to see Inception last night (to jump on the bandwagon – yes, it's amazing, go see it) and I thought, 'Hey, it's Phuza Thezday, you're allowed to go a little crazy' so I treated myself to some movie popcorn for dinner instead of my usual veggie soup. (Accompanied by water just by the way, not Coke and Whispers.)

Hah! Apparently there is no such thing as a little leeway for me, if this morning's weigh-in is anything to go by.

I nearly crawled back into bed to sleep off the frustration of it all, but dutifully got dressed instead and went to Pilates.

Really though, this doesn't strike me as fair.

I subsist on all-bran, rice cakes, rye bread and cottage cheese, carrot sticks, almonds and vegetable soup. I eat 2/3 the amount of kilojoules recommended for my age, weight and height every day. I exercise 4-5 times a week. I hardly drink any more (which I make up for in bottles of wine while Boyfriend's here but still). I drink my 6-8 glasses of water a day. I mean, this is the MO of someone who is losing weight yes? So why aren't I?

My three month goal of losing five kilos is fast approaching, and I've still got ... oh right! Just over three to go.

So what's next? The Danish Royal Hospital Diet? ABC?

I tire of not seeing results.

No comments:

Post a Comment