Monday, June 20, 2011

The long weekend in numbers

Number of days of weekend: four. Took Friday off. I could get used to this whole being on leave thing. Considering taking a whole week off sometime in the near future...

Number of pizzas consumed: three. I'm not even kidding. One at Woodland's Eatery on Thursday for a birthday dinner, one ordered in from Butler's on Saturday night for dinner and a movie on the couch to cheesily christen Boyfriend's new flat, and one last night with the family for Father's Day (and I know I could have had pasta or a salad, but really, who – who? – goes to Bacini's and orders a salad?).

Number of times I got to say 'I'm on a horse': two. Once on Friday at a riding lesson, and again on Saturday during a two-hour outride on Noordhoek Beach. And I didn't fall off, not even when my horse took off down the beach at what I'd like to say was a gallop but was probably more of a canter. Look at me go!

Number of lovely, thoughtful presents received from Boyfriend to say thanks for helping him move and sorry for being such a nightmare (you may remember this post): one. This one


How lucky am I? It's from Hello Thula, on Etsy.

Number of minutes' stirring it takes to make real Hollandaise sauce from scratch for a Father's Day eggs Benedict breakfast: at least 20. I thought I was going to get a repetitive strain injury. 

Number of times I had to snooze my alarm this morning so I could go back to sleep and pretend for a while it wasn't Monday morning, and a five-day week: three. Sue me.

3 comments:

  1. Love the ring.. hate that the mention of pizza and hollandaise sauce sends my salivary glands into overdrive. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brazen, I'm sure I stumbled upon Thula through your blog, so thanks :)

    Princess, imagine how bad I felt eating it all then!

    ReplyDelete