Thursday, January 19, 2012

I like to move it, move it

So, be proud, bloglings – I'm on week three of my running programme (yes, miraculous, considering last week was week one, but I need to step up the pace since the race is in, oh, just over six weeks). Hit the treadmill yesterday morning before work and clocked 30 minutes and 3.5 km.

That may not sound like much, but it's a lot more than this asthmatic non-runner ever thought she'd do. And sure that was still a running/walking combo, but hey, I'm proud.

Of course, it wasn't without its moments. Firstly, I figured out why I find it so hard to run ... I've been jogging on my toes all my life! That's what you get for doing ballet instead of regular sports I guess. Oh well. I'm now focusing on putting my heel down first, which means I have to concentrate very hard while running, and look like a bit of a special person.

Secondly, came pretty close to embarrassing myself when my headphone cable got tangled and my iPod slipped off the little shelf thing, hit the treadmill and went shooting off behind me at a couple of people on spinning bikes. Succeeded in the afore-attempted embarrassment when it happened at second time. Doh...

No comments:

Post a Comment