Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The weekend in numbers

Yes, I'm a bit behind...

Number of nights in: one. Friday night. It's January, after all folks and my bank balance is looking dire, or whatever word means 'worse than dire'.

Number of killing sunburns: one. And I've been so good lately. But I was temporarily separated from my sunscreen during the TotalSports Challenge (do you like how I made it sound like I was doing the Challenge, as opposed to just cheering on a friend?). Oh well. Strap-lined shoulders and red calves are where my tan's at, at the moment. 

Number of Peddlar's burgers after the TotalSports Challenge (and a shower): one. Worth mentioning. They're just so good. 

Number of naps on Saturday afternoon: zero. I tried. But then some woman got stuck in the lift at Boyfriend's flat, and damn near screamed the building down for 45 minutes afterwards. Not conducive to REM. 

Number of times I laughed on Saturday: brazillions. Saw Nic Rabinowitz in Stand Up and Deliver at the Baxter. 

Number of music legends seen in concert: one. Johnny Clegg at Kirstenbosch. You have to love summer in Cape Town, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment